Delta Dental of Washington’s CEO, Mark Mitchke, and a team of energetic employees participated in 2022’s CEOs Against Cancer Challenge from April 7 through April 28.
The Fit2Be Cancer Free Challenge raised awareness and funds for vital research at the American Cancer Society (ACS). Employees participated by accumulating steps of over the 3- week period by walking, skipping, and dancing – all while encouraging colleagues with positive phrases, friendly notes and photos shared through the Move Spring app.
- The company donated $0.10 per mile during the challenge and matched employee donations to the challenge -- automatically doubling contributions!
- The team walked 15,106,371 Steps, a total of 6,348 miles.
- The top performing employee logged 638,664 steps!
- Employees donated a total of $2,325.
- Dependent children 19 to 26 – when your child turns 19, they no longer qualify for pediatric benefits. However, they can stay on your plan as a dependent until their 26 years old.
“I’m proud of this team and your continued commitment to ensuring no one is left behind when it comes to good oral and overall health.”, said Mitchke, “Thank you for coming together for a great cause and supporting one another as we raised money to fun vital cancer research at the American Cancer Society.”
Learn more at the American Cancer Society.