Smile-Friendly Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Time: 5 – 10 minutes
• 8 ounces of coffee brewed with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Tooth-Friendly Perk: These spices can add flavor, reducing or replacing sweetener in your drink.
• 4 tablespoons of pumpkin puree Tooth-Friendly Perk: Pumpkin is filled with vitamin A, which helps strengthen tooth enamel.
• ½ cup of low-fat milk
• Tooth-Friendly Perk: Milk contains vitamin D and calcium, which strengthen teeth and bones, preventing tooth loss.
• 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract
• 2-3 drops of agave nectar or honey, if desired
• Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
1. Mix milk with pumpkin puree in a saucepan and heat over stovetop at medium heat.
2. Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and agave nectar.
3. Froth mixture using a milk frother or blender.
4. Combine mixture with freshly brewed coffee in a large mug.
5. Top with cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Sip and enjoy!And don’t forget to drink a glass of water afterward to help wash sugar and acid from your teeth.