The Washington Dental Service Foundation, a non-profit founded and funded by Delta Dental of Washington, is dedicated to improving oral and overall health. We work with partners throughout the state and nation to create significant and lasting changes so everyone in Washington can get the care they need and enjoy good health.
What we do
Our mission is to prevent oral disease and improve overall health
Focusing on children and older adults, we:
- Develop innovative approaches to produce change
- Advocate for effective policies
- Work with community clinics so more people get care
- Engage partners to broaden support for oral health
Why our work matters
The health of your mouth affects your overall health and well-being. Too many people struggle with oral disease, even though it is almost entirely preventable.
- Tooth decay is the #1 chronic disease of early childhood. Children can’t sleep, eat, learn or even play if they are in pain from dental disease.
- 2/3 of older adults have moderate or severe gum disease. Gum disease is an infection that is linked to other chronic diseases including diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- It is often hard for low-income adults to find dental care.
We strive to make system-wide, permanent changes to prevent oral disease and improve overall health - saving money for families, businesses and taxpayers.